Thursday, May 6, 2010

Aidan Baker's Liminoid/Lifeforms

Doesn't this just sound like the most pretentious Aidan Baker album to date?

I'm currently on "Liminoid III", a 27 minute track which is surprisingly only the second longest on this 4 song, 2 1/2 hour album. And though I fancy myself an Aidan Baker/Nadja enthusiast, I wonder every now and then if Baker isn't overproducing.

In fact I cannot remember a month going by recently when I haven't heard of an Aidan Baker related title or some varied collaboration involving him. The best one being his Fantasma Parastasie with Tim Hecker, and his personal achievemets falling somewhere between the earlier Nadja albums. There was of course that diabolical covers record When I See The Sun..

I suppose this album is not an underachievement, though I always found 90% of his solo stuff superfluous. I'd sooner buy the Touched double LP.

Also his Split with Noveller is a nice listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers